Monday, September 16, 2013

Project Number I Lost Count Already...Powders

(Scroll down for statements on favorite pieces.)
(1) "Powder"

(1) "Liquid"

(1) "Brownie"

(2) Powder as Liquid

(3) Powder as Liquid and Powder


(4 and 5) Crushed Up Pills as Powder/Liquid Interpreted as Powder
I placed it in eggs to represent how fragile we are. We rely on so many pills for different things, but the pills break so easily, and we break so easily, so I placed the broken pills in something that breaks easily as well: an eggshell.


(6 and 7) Powder as a Solid 

(8) Powder/Liquid/Solid
I was interested in changing the state of the newspaper and seeing if it would get hard. It kind of did, but not the way I expected. I liked it in this mixed state better.

(9) Flowers in Flour 
Originally I was going to layer the "powder" and water to see what the reaction would be, but I saw the flowers while I was in the process and liked this idea much better. So I placed the flowers in the flour/water mixture, and it's cool because the flour settled to the bottom acting as a base for the flowers to sit in and while the water isn't actually doing anything for the flowers (they're dried/dead) there's the association that flowers need to be in water, so you have the flowers in the water.



No comments:

Post a Comment